Hi,

Дмитрий Франк wrote:
> Sorry that so long.
>
> I have been using Gvim 7.3 without any patches, and negative values on it
> wasn't work. I have installed Gvim from www.vim.org <http://www.vim.org>
> recently, and its behavior is better, but anyway doesn't work as it should
> work.
>
> To make Gvim full-screen in my left monitor, i need to do the following:
>
> 1) :winpos -1684 -4
> 2) :set lines=67
> 3) :set columns=237
>
> 1) i do:
> :winpos -1684 -4
> Gvim correctly stays on the proper place.
>
> 2) i do:
> :set lines=67
> And then Gvim changes its winpos to 0 0 again!

Whenever you set the 'lines' or 'columns' option to a new value GVim
tries to make sure that all lines and columns are visible on the screen
(at least this seems to be the case on Windows).

> So, it allows to set negative values to :winpos, but setting lines or columns
> resets winpos.

Just switch the order of your commands

  1) :set lines=67
  2) :set columns=237
  3) :winpos -1684 -4

Regards,
Jürgen

in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)