Дмитрий Франк schrieb:

>     Just switch the order of your commands
>
>      1) :set lines=67
>      2) :set columns=237
>      3) :winpos -1684 -4
>
>     Regards,
>     Jürgen
>

> I tried to do so, but my primary monitor (this is a monitor in which Vim
> starts) is less than secondary, so, :set lines=67 and columns=237 will
> actually set less values.
> Could you please make a way to make Vim not to check if there enough space to
> show needed lines and columns count?

I haven't followed the whole thread so please excuse me if you already
have said it: Do you want to maximize the window on the monitor (-4 is
a typical value for maximized windows on Windows)? If so you might try

  :winpos -1680 0
  :simalt ~X

where you have to replace the "X" in the second command with the letter
that is underlined in the "Maximize" menu item of GVim's system menu
(the one in the upper left corner of the title bar).

Regards,
Jürgen

in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)