Matthew Brett wrote the following on 23.12.2011 03:25

Hello Matthew,

> Hello,
>
> I hope this is the right place to post.
>
> I noticed this behavior in the current runtime/indent/rst.vim
>
> <test.rst>
> 1. Sometimes I find that I write long sentences without having any idea when
>    they will finish or what they are for.
>
>    1. Sometimes I find that I write long sentences without having any idea
> when
>          they will finish or what they are for.
> </test.rst>
>
> The problem is the extra indentation on the final line of the test.rst
> file. I think this is because the current code does not strip the
> preceding spaces before calculating the indent, and the attached patch
> is the right fix.
>
> Is that right?  Is there somewhere I should be putting tests for the
> correct behavior?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Matthew

indent/rst.vim has a maintainer his email can be found at the top of the file.
You should contact him with your patch.

Additionally side note about the patch:
When you start to use linecontinuation you have to make sure that parsing the
file does not break. see:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.editors.vim.devel/32151

The corresponding vim help is available at:
:help 'cpoptions'

--
Regards,
Thilo

4096R/0xC70B1A8F
721B 1BA0 095C 1ABA 3FC6  7C18 89A4 A2A0 C70B 1A8F