Hello Ben,

Excerpt from Ben Fritz:

-- <snip> --
>>> As a maintainer of a few runtime files, I have something to
>>> make sure of: Are there any changes for the current
>>> maintainers in what they observe--policy, obligations, or
>>> something similar to those, to maintain the runtime files
>>> they are in charge of?
>>
>> Nothing is definite, but I don't think so. What would be
>> different (I think) is that a maintainer would send updates to
>> someone or something other than Bram. The group maintainers
>> would review the change and periodically notify Bram that
>> updates were available. He would then incorporate them into the
>> Vim distribution, presumably after his own review.
>>

> I think this could really depend on the maintainer.
>
> We might ask each maintainer to indicate their desired level of involvement:

Actually i haven't yet really thought about how to transition concretely.
But having an official announce and then contacting maintainers on an individual
basis seem natural.
But the announce can only happen after we are set ready to start.

> 1. I want to maintain all changes to my file. Please don't touch it beyond
>    what I send you. I commit to be responsive enough for this to work.
> 2. I want to do all "big" changes and feature additions, but "small" changes
>    and bugfixes can be done by the team. I will maintain my files in a way
>    that changes will not be lost from the runtime repository.
> 3. I want to remain the official maintainer of the file, but the file belongs
>    to the Vim community. Do what you will with it, I'll submit changes like
>    any other contributor.
> 4. I do not wish to be the maintainer anymore. Please take it on as a group
>    effort or find someone else.

  5. We need to know who is an active member of the community. If you are still
     interested in maintaining your files make sure that the email address that
     is shiped with your files is up to date and functional.
     If we do not hear from you within the next 3 months or the email we send
     to you bounces we consider you to be MIA.
     In that case we *regard your files to be without current maintainer* and
     put them under the provsion of the vim community.

--
Regards,
Thilo

4096R/0xC70B1A8F
721B 1BA0 095C 1ABA 3FC6  7C18 89A4 A2A0 C70B 1A8F