Hello Bram,
Hello Folks,

Bram i am curretly working on using and extending the script snippet you
provided to check runtimefiles.
I just started and allready found e.g.:
runtime/autoload/ada.vim: Vim(function):E122: Function ada#Word already exists,
add ! to replace it in /home/luke/build/vim/runtime/autoload/ada.vim, line 281
runtime/autoload/decada.vim: Vim(function):E122: Function decada#Unit_Name
already exists, add ! to replace it in
/home/luke/build/vim/runtime/autoload/decada.vim, line 30

These are caused by the lines:
autoload/ada.vim,    line 281:  endfunction ada#Word
autoload/decada.vim, line 30:   endfunction decada#Unit_Name

,----[  :h :endfunction  ]--------

:endf[unction]          The end of a function definition.  Must be on a line
                        by its own, without other commands.
`---------------------------------------------

so the above seems to be wrong.

I attached the modified script that i have so far. Now this script runs a single
inside Vim instance. I wonder if it makes sense to wrap this vim script in a
shell script and call vim for every vim file instead of calling vim once and
execute/source every vim file in there.

What i think about is to have the following:

* start vim with $ vim -i NONE -u NONE
* dump its ist whole configuration (including variables) into a file
* source a runtimefile at a time
* dump the configuration again
* diff the two configurations for differences
* repeat with the next runtimefile

Thoughts? I need to seek if there is the possibilty to dump the whole
configuration including all [gs:]variables. Ideas?
--
Regards,
Thilo

4096R/0xC70B1A8F
721B 1BA0 095C 1ABA 3FC6  7C18 89A4 A2A0 C70B 1A8F