Lech Lorens wrote:

> On 13-Apr-2013 Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:
> > Thanks.  Thus only when ~/.vimrc does not exist then ~/.vim/vimrc will
> > be used.  That should work for places where a new Vim is installed.  For
> > older Vim versions one would have to create a ~/.vimrc file that sources
> > ~/.vim/vimrc.
>
> Do we want to change the priority? I meant not to confuse people if by
> any chance they have both ~/.vimrc and ~/.vim/vimrc.

In my opinion, when a user sees a ~/.vimrc he expects it to be used and
would be very surprised when it is skipped.  That is both for existing
Vim users and any generic Unix user.  Far fewer people would know about
the possibility for a ~/.vim/vimrc to exist.

171. You invent another person and chat with yourself in empty chat rooms.