Ken Takata wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2016/9/23 Fri 4:46:48 UTC+9 skywind3000 wrote:
> > Yesterday, I started vim in GitBash (msys+mintty) by chance on windows.
> > and found that vim worked very well in mintty, and mintty is far more
> > better than cmd.exe.
> >
> > Trying to build vim from msys, and only find a cmd.exe compatible version
> > which can not run properly under mintty.
> >
> > Does any body know how can GitBash/msys developers build it ?
> > what building parameters did they use ?
>
> Git for Windows (a.k.a. GitBash) uses msys2 and msys2 is a fork of Cygwin.
> So, basically you can build Vim as the same way with Cygwin. However GitBash
> doesn't have GCC by default. You need to install "Git for Windows SDK" to
> build
> a program for GitBash.
>
> Regards,
> Ken Takata

Thanks, is there any instructions to build on msys2 ?
this one (https://gist.github.com/rpuntaie/8510218) seems out of date

I tried to build from msys2, and get an error when I try to execute it .

Linwei@weilin0 MINGW32 ~/software/vim/src
$ ./vim
Vim: Error: This version of Vim does not run in a Cygwin terminal