Hi,

2016/9/23 Fri 13:00:40 UTC+9 skywind3000 wrote:
> Ken Takata wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 2016/9/23 Fri 4:46:48 UTC+9 skywind3000 wrote:
> > > Yesterday, I started vim in GitBash (msys+mintty) by chance on windows.
> > > and found that vim worked very well in mintty, and mintty is far more
> > > better than cmd.exe.
> > >
> > > Trying to build vim from msys, and only find a cmd.exe compatible version
> > > which can not run properly under mintty.
> > >
> > > Does any body know how can GitBash/msys developers build it ?
> > > what building parameters did they use ?
> >
> > Git for Windows (a.k.a. GitBash) uses msys2 and msys2 is a fork of Cygwin.
> > So, basically you can build Vim as the same way with Cygwin. However GitBash
> > doesn't have GCC by default. You need to install "Git for Windows SDK" to
> > build
> > a program for GitBash.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ken Takata
>
> Thanks, is there any instructions to build on msys2 ?
> this one (https://gist.github.com/rpuntaie/8510218) seems out of date
>
> I tried to build from msys2, and get an error when I try to execute it .
>
> Linwei@weilin0 MINGW32 ~/software/vim/src
> $ ./vim
> Vim: Error: This version of Vim does not run in a Cygwin terminal

The instruction cannot be applied to your case.
You built Win32 (native) vim.exe using MSYS2/MinGW, but actually you need is
MSYS2 version of vim.exe which is linked with msys-2.0.dll. They are totally
different things.

If you use the official version of MSYS2, you should open "MSYS2 Shell"
shortcut,
then install necessary packages using pacman. (gcc, make, ncurses-devel,
gettext-devel, libiconv-devel, etc.)
If you use GitBash, you should install "Git for Windows SDK". (I haven't tried
this though.)
Then you should build Vim as normal Unix (or Cygwin).
E.g.:
    cd src
    ./configure; make

Regards,