On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 08:12:49PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> Marius Gedminas wrote:
>
> > I git pull vim's master a few times a week to test the latest features.
> > Unfortunately it has recently become painful to use due to netrw's bugs.
> > I keep finding my options (like 'nohidden', but sometimes even 'readonly',
> > 'nomodifiable' and 'buftype') blatantly changed behind my back, and
> > :verbose set blames netrw.  It also started using :lcd, which I cannot
> > stand.
> >
> > Does netrw have a bug tracker of its own, or a public source repository?
> > I was unable to find either :/
>
> Are you sure it's netrw actually changing the values?  It may just be
> saving and restoring them.  For :verbose that's still a change.

That is a very good point!  I'll investigate:

For readonly/nomodifiable/buftype=nohidden, that happens when I hit 'gx'
when the cursor is top of a URL.  I can reproduce that with vim --clean
+'runtime plugin/netrwPlugin.vim'

For :lcd, I've an indicator in my statusline that shows when a window
haslocaldir(), and this happens as soon as I use :Explore to switch to
a different file.  I can also reproduce this with vim --clean:

1. runtime plugin/netrwPlugin.vim
2. echo haslocaldir()   " prints 0
3. Explore
4. select some file
5. echo haslocaldir()   " prints 1

The 'hidden' option is also adjusted by :Explore.  Steps to reproduce this
with vim --clean:

1. runtime plugin/netrwPlugin.vim
2. set hidden
3. Explore
4. select some file
5. verbose set hidden?  " prints nohidden

Regards,
Marius Gedminas
--
Unix is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows
is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus.