On Mi, 04 Apr 2018, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> gvim 8.0.1658 with GTK2/Gnome GUI
> $VIM/vimfiles/plugin/unicode.vim 0.21 according to both the script and
> the help. (I ran :UseVimball manually to put the script where I wanted
> :UnicodeName on a Cyrillic letter followed by a combining character
> (e.g. U+0435 CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER IE followed by U+0301 COMBINING
> ACUTE ACCENT) displays only one answer line, with the Cyrillic letter
> (without the accent) in alpha at far left but the rest of the details
> of the combining character. Vim correctly displays both glyphs in one
> character cell (in the body of the text) with the 'guifont' I use, set
> by ":set gfn=Bitstream\ Vera\ Sans\ Mono\ 8".
> When using a Latin letter instead of a Cyrillic one (e.g. U+0065 LATIN
> SMALL LETTER E followed by U+0301 COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT, giving
> almost exactly the same compound glyph) two answer lines are
> displayed, one for each character, which is the expected result.
> Executing :UnicodeDownload doesn't change this behaviour. It does
> create or update a 1.7*10^6 byte, 31618 line file named
> $VIM/vimfiles/autoload/unicode/UnicodeData.txt whose contents looks OK
> I wonder what went wrong.
The plugin has not been adjusted for Vims patch 8.0.1553 (displaying the
digraph character with the ga command). I fixed it now in the github
Die Schwachheit (das Nachgeben, Verändern) der Männer macht die Weiber
-- Jean Paul
You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.