Den 28-06-2018 kl. 21:39 skrev Antonio Giovanni Colombo:
I think the reason was to use two letters to identifiy the language, and keep the third one fixed ("x") because in the old day of MS-DOS 8.3 names, the suffixes were usually of three letters. I have no problem at all with this. All boils down to "easy to manage".

Ok so it comes from 8.3 but would anything bad happen if it was updated now to allow longer file names?

The lang/menu* files uses longer file names so do they not work on a system that use 8.3?