To whom it may concern

My name is Rory Sales
I use vim often when doing sysadmin work on our multiple RedHat/Fedora/CentOS
servers.

I would like to now and then offer a syntax improvement to vim, and would
appreciate someone with knowledge adding them for me on github or being given
the ability to submit a change request.

First syntax update request.

example file affected: /etc/haproxy/haproxy.cfg
github file: https://github.com/vim/vim/blob/master/runtime/syntax/cfg.vim

replace line
syn match  CfgComment   "\/\/.*"
with line
syn match  CfgComment   "\(http[s]\?:\)\@<!\/\/.*"

If my regex is not well formed please proceed to change as required.

This fix allows for comments in the .cfg files but not when the // forms part
of a http / https line. This maintains the colour syntax highlighting on that
line instead of colour and then suddenly a false positive on a comment.
A common example in the HAProxy cfg files is as follows.

redirect prefix https://www.example.com code 301 if { ssl_fc_sni
secure.example.com }

Kind Regards
Rory Sales