Hello everyone:

I wrote to Christophe Poucet at christophe.pou...@pandora.be, the
listed maintainer on the MATLAB language indent file about an improved
indent script I made. Unfortunately, I got back that the email was not
listed on the server. Nevertheless the new script fixes many of the
issues of the script present in upstream Vim, and is available on
GitHub (https://github.com/axelf4/dotfiles/blob/master/.vim/indent/matlab.vim).
Not sure on how to do with a patch since it is a complete rewrite.
Also Poucet's email address needs changing, does it not? (assuming
he/she's still available).

Some of the particular code patterns that this script indent better
than the current one include (where better is measured as closer to
MATLAB R2018b smart indent):

if true, ...
        if true
        disp hello;
        end
end
(where line continuations mean you have to explicitly line up if/end pairs)

switch a
    case 1
        if true, foo; end
    case 3
        disp hello;
end
(where end of switch statement has to be dedented twice and a one-line
if is used)

if true
    A(1:end - 1)
    disp hello;
end
(where end is used in array indexing)

Additionally the Function indenting format is configurable just like in MATLAB.

I hope for the sake of us all that, if not this, then something else
gets merged because touching MATLAB is frustrating as is. Not a single
man should be subjected to that amount of suffering.

Well met,
Axel Forsman