Alex Forsman wrote:

> Alright, so I have attached two patches adding test cases for the old
> vs new MATLAB indenting scripts respectively. I have also made updates
> to the new indent script itself. Edge-cases related to line
> continuations have been fixed and brackets are now indented correctly
> which increased complexity ten-fold. MATLAB smart indent compatibility
> should now, however, be up to 100% AFAICT.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I assume you are taking over maintenance.  So please update the header
to state that, and add a "previous maintainer" entry for Christophe.

> I think the added test suite is a wonderful development. That said, I
> did stumble upon some issues when using it. Certain settings in my
> vimrc were interfering. Specifically, I do not use modelines and 'set
> sw=4' would only ever indent one level. Sourcing the indent file with
> a relative path and setting indent settings in the script would be
> preferable, in my opinion.

Does it help to change the command in indent/Makefile to:

        $(VIM) --clean --not-a-term -u testdir/runtest.vim

That is, add "--clean".

--
The Law of VIM:
For each member b of the possible behaviour space B of program P, there exists