On 23/10/01 8:02 AM, shane qian wrote:
1. we may ask core members to vote, if class is just a struct then no all of those arguments. these were all gone. :smile:

2. it was just saying **default** was to be `public`, didn't mean no `private`.

3. if `new()` is accessed only by `new C`, empty()/length() perhaps can be limited to only internal use too.

I haven't yet looked at the empty()/len() addition; this /was/ in the todo list. I'm guessing this allows the programmer to do

   class C...
   len(obj_of_type_C)

and get a value defined by the class, could be very handy for a class that is used as a container. Not sure what happens if class didn't define a __len function; guess I'll find out.

What I don't understand is why these spec changes are needed at the last minute. Seems better to add them after 9.1 is released.

Unless the idea is to wait several months to shake out theseĀ  new additions. Something being in the todo list does not always imply it gets into a release. Unless it's a simple change, I'd think that stuff would go in at the beginning of the release cycle and not the end.

-ernie

anyway, let's listen someone else if there were, or I am worried what's the end this OOP of vim9 how it would be easy to use. // and sorry I am actually not sure why I was joining to argue this too, aha... maybe thereĀ  no job to bother me. :lol:

--
shane.xb.qian

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_dev" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_dev+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_dev/OS3P286MB0913D94F71C3B843152D4D72EBC6A%40OS3P286MB0913.JPNP286.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_dev/OS3P286MB0913D94F71C3B843152D4D72EBC6A%40OS3P286MB0913.JPNP286.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.