On 17 March 2011 15:41, Robin wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm having a bit of a strange issue with copy/paste from external
> applications on MacVim snapshot 57 on Snow Leopard 10.6.6.
>
> Let's say I have a piece of text in my MacVim buffer:
>
> Foo bar.
>
> If I copy a line of text, place my cursor between "Foo" and "bar" and
> press <D-v>, I get:
>
> Foo copiedtext bar.
>
> As expected. However, if I copy several lines of text from some
> external application, then put my cursor between "Foo" and "bar" and
> press <D-v>, I get:
>
> copied text line 1
> copied text line 2
> Foo bar.
>
> Instead of the copied text being inserted at the cursor position. This
> only seems to occur with text copied from certain sources. For
> example, a block of text in a website will not exhibit this behavior
> (copied text will be inserted between "foo" and "bar" as expected),
> but text copied from a PDF will. Perhaps it has something to do with
> the way newlines are encoded in the PDF?
>
> Do any of you know what's going on, and how I can correct it?

Vim has a concept of selections over characters/lines/block.  When
pasting from the OS X Pasteboard MacVim has to guess which of these to
use.  From your description this is what is causing the discrepancy.

Can you give me a simple reproducible case that exhibits unexpected
behavior.  I might be able to fix it.

Björn