On Monday, April 11, 2011 at 14:36 , Mark McCullagh wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if there's a way for the file-open dialog in
> MacVim to gray out inappropriate files, e.g. *.pdf files.
>
> Thanks in advance... (I googled and searched for this but no luck yet)

The dialog itself is handled by Cocoa and as far as I know there is no general
way to filter files in the GUI itself.

Looking at the API there is a way to "set allowed file types" which may result
in "disallowed" file types in being grayed out, but I have to have a look. Vim
itself seems to use the variables g:browsefilter and b:browsefilter to set
which files to filter but currently MacVim ignores this.

To conclude; no, there is no way to filter files at the moment but it looks
like it might be possible to implement this. I'll put it on my todo list.

Björn