On Apr 12, 2011 at 03:21 PM +1000, Ben Schmidt wrote:
Please do ensure it is optional. I regularly edit PDF files in MacVim!

If it's anything like the option found in other Mac programs, only editable by MacVim programs will be selectable unless you toggle the button. Then you'll be able to select anything.

Should be the best of both worlds. I've only written Cocoa a little bit, but if I recall, it shouldn't be all the much work either. I could be totally wrong though :)