Hi Björn!

Thanks, changing "Draw marked text inline" did fix it for consonants but I'm
still having problems with vowels which can become à, ì, etc. I guess this
is what switching keyboard layout would help. How would I do this switching
of layouts in vim? I read macvim-international and noimd but I don't
understand what to do or how to do it.

Also, when changing to a us layout won't the characters change places
forcing me to learn a whole new layout only to go to marks?

Right now it sounds a lot better to just to do: map ' ` and use ' to jump to
marks since I usually want to go to the mark and not to the first non-blank
char of the marked line.

-Martin