When a MacVim window is in foreground (i.e. has "focus"), it has a normal
blinking block cursor.

However when it switches to background, the cursor first changes to just
outlined block, then disappears. This is probably intentional to not
distract you while you're not inside MacVim.

But, I have a case where I specifically want the cursor to be visible and
blink at all times, regardless of the window focus.

Thoughs, suggestions? I have looked at various help sections, including
MacVim-specific one, but couldn't find if this is configurable.