On 30 November 2011 15:32, Mislav Marohnić wrote:
> When a MacVim window is in foreground (i.e. has "focus"), it has a normal
> blinking block cursor.
>
> However when it switches to background, the cursor first changes to just
> outlined block, then disappears. This is probably intentional to not
> distract you while you're not inside MacVim.
>
> But, I have a case where I specifically want the cursor to be visible and
> blink at all times, regardless of the window focus.
>
> Thoughs, suggestions? I have looked at various help sections, including
> MacVim-specific one, but couldn't find if this is configurable.

I don't think this is possible without modifying the source code.

In the source, you can make sure the GotFocusMsgID and LostFocusMsgID
messages are not sent.  This would make Vim think that the window is
always in focus and hence the blinking would not change when you put a
window in the background.

Björn