I have used MacVim's printing only occasionally, but recently it has
begun to fail repeatedly.

When trying either :ha or command-p within MacVim, I get an error that
it cannot remove or open the temporary folder (E384), because
something in /var/folders/[random text] wasn't removed at startup - if
I remove this manually it will print, once, and the error returns.

Intermittently, it will instead give no error and preview will open
and the postscript conversion will fail, with nothing to print.
Renaming .vim/ .vimrc and .gvimrc (not present) don't change anything,
and the default system vim will print with :ha

This mac is more or less vanilla with the exception of installing
Xcode and macports.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks,
--Micah