I like using Consolas in MacVim instead of my usual terminal font
(Monaco) because it has bold and italic variants, which work nicely in
many of the color schemes I use.  However, line spacing is erratic
when Consolas is my guifont -- some lines are a pixel or two closer
than others.

I don't see any pattern to the spacing... at first I thought it might
have to do with descenders, but it doesn't appear to.  The effect
happens regardless of what value I set for "linespace".   With other
fonts, like Monaco and Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, though, the
linespacing is okay.

I've posted a screenshot here: https://skitch.com/jgarbers/g687e/linespacing

Anybody know what might be going on here? Thanks!