I have VMs with 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 with the latest updates and Xcode
versions and have verified the patch on those. Testing older versions is hard,
because they can't run in a VM or require PPC which is a dying breed.

I'm pretty sure that AvailabilityMacros.h is available on all versions of OS X,
because it's copyright header states 2001-20xx which matches the OS X 10.0
release timeline. Is the os_mac.h code also targeting OS 9? In that case we
should add a configure check.

Felix Bünemann

> Am 07.10.2013 um 23:00 schrieb Douglas Drumond <drumond.doug...@gmail.com>:
>
> Thanks, I don't have access to GM, but when Mavericks is publicly released,
> I'll upgrade my laptop and I'll have access to the 10.7, 8 and 9.
>
> --
> Douglas Drumond
> GDG Campinas – eee19.com
> gplus.to/douglasdrumond – @douglasdrumond
>

> 2013/10/7 björn <bjorn.winck...@gmail.com>
>> On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 4:34 AM, Felix Bünemann
>> <felix.buenem...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Can we get this patch included, now that 10.9 is GM?
>>
>> Since it is a bit unclear as to when AvailabilityMacros.h became
>> available and since we don't know what the correct #ifdef should be in
>> order to only include when it is needed it is a bit difficult making a
>> general patch to be included in mainline Vim (it needs to build on
>> older version of Mac OS).
>>
>> For now I have just merged the patch in the MacVim repository since
>> MacVim requires OS X 10.4 or later (and hence we can be sure it is OK
>> to include AvailabilityMacros.h ... uh, unless Apple forces the use of
>> Availability.h in the future ... I guess we'll have to deal with it
>> then).  This way everybody on OS X 10.9 can at least pull from the
>> MacVim repo and build Vim / MacVim from there.
>>
>> Thanks for the patch,
>> Björn

---