On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 10:56 PM, peiman khosravi <peimankhosr...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Hi Niklas,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I didn't know this works in the edit mode. It's
> certainly one step closer, but what I really need is to be able to append
> the file path inside the document (at cursor) that I'm editing.

I see. Well, while not optimal, you can achieve that with :a<Enter>, drop
your file, and then <Enter>.<Enter>

(I can see how it could be nice if that happened by default if you're in
insert mode. Although I can imagine situations when that would be
surprising too (e.g. if someone uses evim/'insertmode' and is used to drop
files to open them).. Anyway, I think this is something for main Vim to
deal with, if at all, since it's a core feature. See :help drag-n-drop .)

Cheers,
Niklas

(By the way - please refrain from top-posting when replying to messages on
the vim lists. See <http://www.vim.org/maillist.php>. I know it's easy to
miss and not the default behavior for e.g. GMail reply, but it's customary
on this list.)

---