On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> >> that's true. i just want a debuger with Vim.....
> > I believe that the issue of external processes interaction is a valid
> > one. It seems so un-unix and bad that VIM implements it's own
> > spellchecker instead of giving me the freedom to use what spellcheck I
> > like.
> >
> > What's the reasoning for not using external processes. Couldn't it just
> > be added as a feature to get everyone happy?
> >
> > Best regards,
>
> AFAIK, every application (Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, but also
> Konqueror, etc.) includes its own spell-checker (if it includes one at
> all, of course). _Dictionaries_, OTOH, are installed as separate files,
> which means that the user's choice applies to them.

Just for the record, mutt can use external spell-checker such as
ispell. However I've never used that, instead spell checking is done
with vim when composing message that can give instant feedback on
typo.

That said, I can see vim 7.2 still flag all chinese characters as
typo.

--
regards,
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24