On 19/11/08 09:03, bill lam wrote:
[...]
> I'll be happy if it can distinguish between "non-english/french/...."
> and "real typo".
[...]

Isn't that where the suggested alternate spellings come into play? If
you type an English (or French or...) word with one letter replaced by
another, you ought to be able to find the correct spelling among the
"suggestions". If you type a hanzi (or a word in Cyrillic or devanagari
for that matter) in English (or French) text, there's of course no way
Vim can guess the "correct" English or French word by which to replace it.

See
        :help z=
        :help :spellr

Best regards,
Tony.
--
With a gentleman I try to be a gentleman and a half, and with a fraud I
try to be a fraud and a half.