On 08/08/10 18:38, H Xu wrote:
Hello everybody,

If I always use mouse under GTK to browse text file in gvim, sometimes
gvim stops working:
It will not respond any key strokes or mouse actions inside the vim box,
what I can do is to
click the close button.

Anyone has any idea?

Thank you.

Regards,
Hong Xu
08/09/2010

hm, all I can say is that it shouldn't happen. What gvim version? (7.2.446? 7.3e? Normal? Big? Huge? Recent 7.3 changesets have no GTK1 support, but if 7.2 or earlier: GTK1 or GTK2?) Do you know the GTK version? What is 'mouse' set to? (:verbose set mouse? ) Any special kind of mouse? Anything particular you did, that makes it happen more often? When it happens, is gvim using high or low CPU% time? (You can ascertain this using some program like [command-line] "top", [KDE] "ksysguard", [Gnome] "gnome-system-monitor" etc.)

With a bug report, it is always better to provide too much information than too little.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Support your local Search and Rescue unit -- get lost.