On 2010/8/9 16:10, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
On 08/08/10 18:38, H Xu wrote:
Hello everybody,

If I always use mouse under GTK to browse text file in gvim, sometimes
gvim stops working:
It will not respond any key strokes or mouse actions inside the vim box,
what I can do is to
click the close button.

Anyone has any idea?

Thank you.

Regards,
Hong Xu
08/09/2010

hm, all I can say is that it shouldn't happen. What gvim version? (7.2.446? 7.3e? Normal? Big? Huge? Recent 7.3 changesets have no GTK1 support, but if 7.2 or earlier: GTK1 or GTK2?) Do you know the GTK version? What is 'mouse' set to? (:verbose set mouse? ) Any special kind of mouse? Anything particular you did, that makes it happen more often? When it happens, is gvim using high or low CPU% time? (You can ascertain this using some program like [command-line] "top", [KDE] "ksysguard", [Gnome] "gnome-system-monitor" etc.)

With a bug report, it is always better to provide too much information than too little.

Best regards,
Tony.
Hello,

OK, Here is my test environment:
OS: Linux (Fedora 13)
Desktop: GNOME and KDE
gvim: both 7.2.446 and 7.3e
GTK: vim 7.2: version 1 and 2 vim7.3: version 2, Huge version, with python enabled
mouse is set to "a"

To reproduce it, don't use keyboard. For example, browse the help files. use mouse to click on the links and use the mouse wheel to scroll. And sometimes select some text by mouse. Keep doing this. A few minutes later, or maybe less than one minute, it's not sure, it happens( sometimes it doesn't happen then you have to restart gvim to reproduce it). However, I test it under gvim 7.3f today, and it seems that it doesn't happen now(at least until now I haven't seen it). I don't know the reason, but if it works
well then it's ok. If I see it again, I will report it here.
Thanks.

Regards,
Hong Xu
2010/8/9