On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, kuru wrote:

> Hi
>
> Currently when ever I open .c files, "//" comment lines show up as
> "errors" based on the color syntax. I have tried the latest c.vim from
> last November which seems to resolve the issue but that one is
> relatively shorter and not as extended as the previous c.vim syntax
> file. So I am trying to find the offending lines in the older c.vim
> and resolve the mishandling. The only thing is that I am not so
> profound with the expressions in the syntax files. And I just cannt
> figure out how to fix it.  I am hoping that someone might be able to
> help me out here

The 7.2 syntax/c.vim uses the tag cCommentL for this, and the highlight
association looks like
hi def link cCommentL           cComment
(if I've got that right.)  Try looking for something like that, maybe with
cError instead of cComment, as it's showing as an error.

I'm not an expert, so ignore this if someone actually fluent in this stuff
responds.

> thanks
>
> kerem

        Hugh