Hugh thanks for your time, but that one did not help me ;)

Christian, that was a great solution. It did do the trick. My c.vim is
from 2006, I am not using the latest one(from nov 2010 by Bram)
because the older one is more extended in a way and I already created
my color file.

It was called CCommentError, so I diverted it to comment as you have
suggested.

Thanks again. that was great work around. it does not take care of the
root of the problem but it is a great solution