On 12/04/11 11:00, Steve wrote:
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your answer.

Sorry, I hadn't noticed you are still on Vim 7.2.

No problem.

In that case I recommend to upgrade. See

http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_the_Vim_source_with_Mercurial
http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm

about how to get the latest source and compile it. By default, your
new executable will install in /usr/local/bin which should be
earlier in the $PATH than the Vim executable from Debian.

Well, to be honest, I don't feel like compiling from source. I like the
stability of Debian stable and it's easiness to update when needed. And
version 7.2 is enough for my own work. I just wanted to see what

:h helphelp.txt

There is a copy of the help online, but alas, it is still the Vim 7.2 version of the help. :-(

was saying. By the way, I installed the latest version on a windows
machine and had a look; nothing really new for me.

Have a nice day,
Steve

Best regards,
Tony.
--
The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on.  It is never any
use to oneself.