Reply to message «Re: Plugin/addon managers»,
sent 17:47:20 14 July 2011, Thursday
by Eric Weir:

> It is not critical, but I'd like to test my understanding of your
> recommendations regarding git. You recommend that I not install it, for
> now I take it, because if it were installed VAM would in some instances
> install less-than-stable releases of plugins?
Yes. You can forbid this globally, but if you do what you will need git for?

> And thanks especially for this. I'm taking a sabbatical on deciding between
> the vimball approach and VAM. If when I come back to it I go for VAM, this
> will be the way I will do it.
Vimball and VAM are different type of things. You can pack everything into a
vimball and install it by VAM because vimball is nothing more then archive
type.
Default unpacker is able to record a list of files that were unpacked, but
nothing can prevent you from writing the same thing for tar.