On 14/09/11 22:55, Shay wrote:
Just switched. After 8-9 years or so, I went a little deeper into
colorschemes and plugins and found that vim was trashed outside of X. I'm
sure there's a way to call vim from the command line without plugins or
.vimrc, but I wouldn't remember it.
[...]

without plugins and vimrc
        vim -u NONE

with plugins, without vimrc
        vim -u NORC

with vimrc, without plugins
        vim --noplugin

see :help --noplugin

If you load Vim with no vimrc, you may want to add the -N command-line switch in order to start in 'nocompatible' mode.

see :help -N

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Major Premise: Sixty men can do a piece of work sixty times as quickly
        as one man.

Minor Premise: One man can dig a posthole in sixty seconds.

Conclusion: Sixty men can dig a posthole in one second.