On Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:28:52 AM UTC-5, skeept wrote:
> > is it possible for you to turn off the HTML formatting in whatever
> client you're using? It isn't translating properly on the Google
> Groups interface. I don't know what it looks like in an email.
>
> Sorry about that, I am just using the page in google groups to write the
> message, google groups is doing that by itself.
>
> > You started a native-windows Vim from a cygwin shell. So Vim thinks the
> shell is whatever cygwin has it set to. However, once the native Vim is
> running outside of the cygwin environment, none of the cygwin paths are valid
> anymore. Vim doesn't know how to interpret /cygpath/c or /bin/bash or any
> of that. Native Windows Vim speaks native Windows file paths.
> >
> > You MIGHT be able to fix this by setting the 'shell' option, and
> possibly also 'shellquote', 'shellxquote', and optionally
> 'noshellslash'. But I'm not sure. Your best bet would be not to
> call native Windows applications from cygwin.
> >
> > You might also be able to set 'diffexpr' to a function which
> will select the correct diff, and also translate the paths passed in by
> cygwin.
> >

> I will try this an report later if it works.

It does work if I change the value of shell, I don't even need to change the
value of $TMP or shellxquote.
So now I have:
if has("win32")
  "let $TMP = 'c:\\htemp\\tmp'
  set shell=C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
  "set shellxquote=(
endif

what I would like to have is
if has("win32") and shell.find('bash') >= 0
  "let $TMP = 'c:\\htemp\\tmp'
  set shell=C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
  "set shellxquote=(
endif

my question now is how do this test, to check if the string bash is in shell?

Thank you.