I pilfered the following code that is supposed to show a buffer list
as the tooltip on the tabs, but it is not working. Any ideas?

I can see the buffers with :buffers and with ctrlP buffer list, so I
know they are there, but they are not showing as the tooltip. Am I not
understanding what this code *should* do?

***

  "make those tooltips cool by showing buffer names within them
  function! GuiTabToolTip()
    let tip = ''
    let bufnrlist = tabpagebuflist(v:lnum)
    for bufnr in bufnrlist
      " separate buffer entries
      if tip!=''
        let tip .= " \n "
      endif
      " Add name of buffer
      let name=bufname(bufnr)
      if name == ''
        " give a name to no name documents
        if getbufvar(bufnr,'&buftype')=='quickfix'
          let name = '[Quickfix List]'
        else
          let name = '[No Name]'
        endif