On 01/13/2013 05:20 PM, neoagge...@yahoo.gr wrote:
> Hey I'm trying to create a control all mapping with this:
>
> :map <c-a> <esc>ggvG
>
> However, the last line isn't selected. I know that G is the
> problem, what I would like to know is the key to get to EOF
> instead of the last line

If you really want a character-wise selection, you can add "$"
to the end of your mapping.  This will take you to the end of
the last line.

But you might want to have a look at the mappings found in the
"mswin.vim" file distributed with Vim.  For example, the "Select
all" mappings are:

" CTRL-A is Select all
noremap <C-A> gggH<C-O>G
inoremap <C-A> <C-O>gg<C-O>gH<C-O>G
cnoremap <C-A> <C-C>gggH<C-O>G
onoremap <C-A> <C-C>gggH<C-O>G
snoremap <C-A> <C-C>gggH<C-O>G
xnoremap <C-A> <C-C>ggVG

These use linewise selections which many people prefer.

Michael Henry