On Mar 20, 2013, at 8:22 AM, Jeroen Budts wrote:

> (3) The latest Vimtouch release (2.3, released yesterday) now uses some
> standaard Android interface to open files which let you choose files
> from other apps. This even allows you to immediately select a file from
> your Dropbox. A really nice improvement. I guess if you use SugarSync,
> it would also show up in that dialog.

Thanks, Jeroen. I guess that's another instance of open source vs. Apple. (I
don't expect open source from Apple. I would like to have a files system and
access to it.]

> Why do you think SugarSync is more convenient than Dropbox? (I just
> upgraded to a paid Dropbox account a few days ago. When I had a look at
> SugarSync, they were more expensive and had no Linux client.)

I don't know anything about expense. I think SugarSync gives you twice as much
free storage---5Gb---as Dropbox. I've used half that and I don't see myself
needing more.

But most important, in SugarSync you sync folders in your file system, not in a
special folder as in Dropbox. When you sync a folder it's copied into a
SugarSync folder, but these folders are synced back to the original folders in
the file system. Never need to copy from the SugarSync folder back to the file
system.

Also, I can share folders with others even if they don't have a SugarSync
account.

It was a little confusing to me at first, but now that I've got it working, the
only attention I have to give it is to sync or unsync folders.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"Uncertainty is an uncomfortable position,
but certainty is an absurd one."

- Voltaire