On Friday, April 11, 2014 8:41:48 PM UTC+12, Егор wrote:

> checking if compile and link flags for Perl are sane... no PERL DISABLED

configure runs some perl commands to find the right compiler and linker options
to use for perl.  Then, it uses these options to compile a dummy programme
using them and checks if the compile and link was successful, and for you it
wasn't.

On my Kubuntu 13.10 with perl v5.14.2, these commands are run, with their
output:

$ perl -MConfig -e 'print $Config{privlibexp}'
/usr/share/perl/5.14
$ perl -MExtUtils::Embed -e 'ccflags;perl_inc;print"\n"'
 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBIAN -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing
-pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-I/usr/lib/perl/5.14/CORE
$ perl  -MExtUtils::Embed -e 'ldopts'
-Wl,-E  -fstack-protector -L/usr/local/lib  -L/usr/lib/perl/5.14/CORE -lperl
-ldl -lm -lpthread -lc -lcrypt
$ perl  -MExtUtils::Embed -e 'ccdlflags'
 -Wl,-E

You might try running these to see if their output is reasonable, or
informative.  I suspect you have a difficulty with your perl install.
(Of course, it's easy for me because the gvim in the Ubuntu repositories is
compiled with +perl, so the packagers have already sorted it all out for me.)

Regards, John Little