On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 4:39:18 PM UTC+2, ewfalor wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 10:03:29AM -0700, Hugo Gagnon wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > For some reason when I do a symbol search with Cscope in Vim I get repeated
> > symbols, e.g.:
> >
> > :cs find s setID
> > e.H|188| <<setID>> void setID (int ID) { _ID = ID; }
> > e.H|188| <<setID>> void setID (int ID) { _ID = ID; }
> > e.H|188| <<setID>> void setID (int ID) { _ID = ID; }
> > e.H|188| <<setID>> void setID (int ID) { _ID = ID; }
> >
> > I noticed that the symbols always gets repeated exactly 4 times.
> >
> > I have the following Cscope related settings in my .vimrc:
> >
> > if has("cscope") && filereadable("cscope.out")
> >   cscope kill -1
> >   set nocscopeverbose
> >   cscope add cscope.out
> >   set cscopeverbose
> > endif
> >
> > Anybody has any idea what is going on?
>
> Given the lack of replies on the mailing list it would appear that
> no one has any ideas. Perhaps if you can share some more information
> we can help you find your solution.
>
> Which versions of Vim and Cscope are you running?
>
> How are you generating your cscope.out?
>
> Are you able to share the source code and cscope.out you are working
> on in your example? I could at least find out whether the problem is
> unique to your computer.
>
> --
> Erik Falor
> Registered Linux User #445632                    http://unnovative.net

Hi Erik,

Thank you for your reply.

My problem is now seemingly gone. Even more strange is that I can't reproduce
it; all I did was to reboot my machine and build another Cscope database. The
command that I use is:

cscope -b -q -v -i cscope.files

I use Vim 7.4.52 with Cscope 15.8a.

I am sorry but I cannot share my source code. If I can reproduce the problem I
will try to create a minimal example and share it with you.

This is all very strange.

Best,

Hugo