Are there existing ideas, prototypes or forks of VIM
with interactive GUI?
I believe a decend GUI engine can boost
the editing productivity by means of advanced
interactive features.
With a GUI I don't mean of course menus/buttons, but
the design of the interaction and visual feedback, e.g.
navigation, scrolling, more mouse features.

Also I am very interested in realistic fonts, which could
quickly improve the reading experience.

Currently I consider VIM a perfect editor and
it would be hard to name something that is
limiting it.
But the GUI is, well, not enabling the above mentioned
luxuries :)

So how realistic is the scenario where VIM becomes
these "features"?
I understand intuitively that these "features" are the core of
the application in this case.  So it is more precise to
ask whether the developers will consider prototype
proposals adressing these features?

Mikhail