I'm using vim 7.4 (terminal mode) on ubuntu 14.04, launched from
Midnight Commander. Glipper is my clipboard manager.

I have the following script line loaded :

map ;cc :w !xsel -i -b<CR>

When I select some text in visual mode and then press ;cc
the selected text is copied _twice_ to the clipboard

It's been a long time since I've done any vim scripting, so I'd
welcome some advice on how to correct my code to avoid the
redundancy.

See http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Accessing_the_system_clipboard

TIA
--