Hi,

> However my concerns are broader as I'm trying to figure out ways of
> having a
> vim project maintained by different people but enforcing that their
> coding
> standards/modifications adhere to a test framework.

So, you're not looking for unit testing as there exists quite a few projects,
but for linters it seems like vint
https://github.com/Kuniwak/vint

I've even seen an external tool for github (1) that automatically tries to
execute the linter on code pushed -- alas I can't remember the name, or did it
stop supporting vim, I can't tell.

Anyway, I usually just unit-test my plugin with a mixture of my vim-UT (1) and
of vimrunner (3) that I've even registered in travis-ci which gives me little
nice badges (4).

(1) https://github.com/marketplace
(2) https://github.com/LucHermitte/vim-UT/
(3) https://github.com/LucHermitte/vim-UT/blob/master/doc/rspec-integration.md