Le mardi 13 février 2018 14:30:38 UTC+1, Luc Hermitte a écrit :
> Hello Nicholas,
>
> > After reading a file and getting 1 million lines' List, I need to
> > make similar substitutions over matched lines ~500 times with this
> > func:
> >

> > fun! foo#set_new_val(ressource) abort "{{{
> >
> >   " position
> >   let pos  = foo#getpos_ress(a:ressource)
> >   let pres = foo#geth_presence(a:ressource)
> >   let s:xml[pos] = substitute(s:xml[pos],'false\|true',pres,"")  <<<
> >   HERE
> >
> >   " Slave/Voie01 to Voie08
> >   for idx in [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8]       <<< HERE
> >     let pos = foo#getpos_ress(a:ressource.'/bar0'.string(idx))
> >     let s:xml[pos] = substitute(s:xml[pos],'false\|true',pres,"")    <<<
> >     HERE
> >   endfor
> >
> > endfu"}}}
> >

> > 1/ Can I optimize this function ?
>
> So far my experiments on the subject taught me that we are best avoiding :for
> and :while constructs when performances matter.
> If you can use map() instead, do!
>
> HTH,
>
> --
> Luc Hermitte

Yess Luc !

I finally reached to the same conclusion.

1/ But mapping Dict or List, inside the substitute func is needed no ?
2/ Other point, passing by register with emmbedded pattern is it faster ?

  let @a = '\w\+\(<\/PRES\)'
  let @b = pres.'\1'

  call map(voies_no, 'substitute(s:xml[v:val],"\=@a","\=@b","")')

Thanks you