On 2022-08-10, 'J S' via vim_use wrote:

> 1) Can someone give me a good list of all the dependencies and packages that I
> need to install on my Ubuntu 18.04 (Yes, I know that is old, but that also
> cannot be changed) system so that I can build a GTK3 version of Vim9? (N.B.
> This is the most important paragraph of this post; everything else is just
> information!)

1.  Find the Ubuntu package that includes the features you want in
    Vim.

        $ apt list | grep ^vim

    In your case, that would be vim-gtk3

2.  Do one of the following.

    a)  Have apt install dependencies automatically.

            $ sudo apt build-dep vim-gtk3

    b)  View the dependencies and install the ones you want or need
        manually.

            $ apt show vim-gtk3 | grep ^Depends

        For each <package> to be installed, run

            $ sudo apt install <package>

3.  Execute

    $ make distclean
    $ ./configure <options the way you want>
    $ make
    $ sudo make install

Without any options, configure will configure the build system for
a huge build.  That includes a GUI if GUI libraries are available.

See

    ./configure --help
    :help 90.1

and search or scroll to the SELECTING FEATURES section.  See also

    :help +feature-list

Regards,
Gary