As this kind of happened to me a few years ago. I wouldn't mind asking a
question myself.

I bought one of the cheap 40 to 80 SCSI adapters, so I could use a 73gb
(think that was the size, I know it's 70+GB).

When I hooked it up my 8500, it didn't see it. I posted about it on 68kmla
and the reply I got back. Was that some newer drives are not visible to the
Mac, because they are based on a newer mode of SCSI, which the 8500 doesn't
recognize. Was that a load of old cobblers? :-/