--- the pickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ...or you might want to consider compressing
> everything in Stuffit 4 format
> instead, since the new format has *absolutely no
> advantage* over the old format.
>
> the pickle

Sure it does! It makes the company that makes Stuffit
more money. :P

That's why I stick with archive formats like ZIP and
RAR. ZIP hasn't changed in umpteen years but that
means it's a stable format. RAR has been improved
upon several times but not to the point that it's
not backwards compatable. Since SIT is controlled
by one company, they can twiddle with and obsolete
it any time they want. They could have put an option
into Stuffit 5 to make version 4 archives but they
chose not to. That way when one person upgrades,
anyone they send SIT archives to would also have
to upgrade.

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"