--- Ken Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't know how serious you are about this, but I'm
> pretty sure that I
> have a 386/40 PC board in my basement (I only wish I
> threw out the old
> junk...
>
> I also just got a IIfx, but don't know what it has
> in it, other than a
> sticker on the outside that says "Runs OK" :)
>
> If you really want to do this, let me know, and I'll
> start digging for 386 parts.
>
> Ken

See if it uses 30pin or 72pin RAM. That shouldn't
make too much difference. Many of those also had
64-128K cache onboard too. The main problems would
be finding a suitable ISA videocard and SCSI
controller. I don't have any such parts anymore.

What web browsers would be suitable for the testing?

IE 5.5SP2 will run on Win95B on the 386 but 68k IE
stops at 5.0. Netscape 4.79 would run on the PC but
for 68k Mac it stops at 4.08. Could stay away from
the big names and stick with Opera, Eudora etc.

What year was 7.5.5 released? Win95B came along in
1996. Could use Win95 plus the service pack to make
it Win95a along with the Y2K update. Then both systems
would be quite "patchy". ;)

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"