Others have answered but kind of hinted around one thing you need to know.
You need TWO relays. One for the high beam circuit and one for the low beam
circuit. Kind of hard to describe without pictures but I suck at artwork.

Find your headlight fuses (4 fuses for a '68). They are 'fed' by 2 hot
wires from the dimmer relay. You need 2 relays because the dimmer was also
designed for the original bulbs so you want to get 'around' it as well as
your headlught switch.

Standard 30 amp automotive relays have terminals labeled 85, 86, 30, and 87
(and possibly 87a -- ignore it if it's there).

Pull the hot wire from the fuse box that feeds the two high beam fuses and
hook it to terminal 85 run a jumper from terminal 86 to ground (earth). Use
another (properly sized) jumper from 87 to the fuse box where you removed
the hot wire. Run a new wire from a BIG positive voltage source to terminal
30 (people running really high wattage off road lamps tend to go straight
to the battery -- using the hot wire that goes from the battery to your
headlight switch then to the fuse box defeats the purpose of this
modification).

Repeat these steps for the low beams.

Now when you turn on your lights the switch is only providing power to a
very low draw relay. The lights are being fed through the 30amp contacts on
the realy directly from the battery.

Gerald