>I think the first time I signed up would have
> been back in
> 1993/1994 when Geoff Melnychunk invited me to the list.

I remember when you first showed up on the list.  Was it an
orange bug?  I think the first server vintagvw was on was
run by the navy.  I know we've talked about this before,
but even that was a long time ago.

When my first bus, a '69, needed blew-up right after a shop
did a top-end rebuild, I had to sneak to the shop lot,
steal my engine, get a rebuildable case from the junk-yard,
rebuild under the boat my dad was building, then cart the
engine back to my bus, put it in, start it up. After
swapping around the spark plug wires.
I sold that a year later when I moved from Michigan to NY.
Fun times.  Couldn't have rebuilt the thing without this
list and my Idiot's guide.

Dean
Oh, remember Heath and the Kemp top?  That was a nice roof.